Salary: Annual retainer fee plus appropriate disturbance allowances
This is your chance to take on a vital role within Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service without having to change the way you live or work. Operating on an on-call basis you will respond to emergency incidents as part of your retained firefighter role.
Can you meet the challenge?
Firefighters are highly trained, skilled individuals who have the fitness and stamina to keep working when the going gets tough. You must be able to demonstrate that you:
- Are able to get to the fire station within five minutes of being alerted
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Are able to communicate with all members of the community
- Have a logical approach to problems
- Can meet the Fire and Rescue Service's medical standards for eyesight, colour vision, hearing, lung function and general fitness
- Have the permission of your primary employer
The recruitment process comprises ability and physical assessments, interview and medical examination. Successful candidates will attend monthly weekend training courses, consolidation training and weekly drill nights at their respective fire station.
The stations highlighted in bold are currently recruiting. Please note, there are no Retained Duty System crews at Gerrards Cross or Newport Pagnell.
If you feel you meet our standards and are interested in a role as a retained firefighter at one of the stations which is recruiting, click on it and it will open up an email to the Station Manager.
Amersham | Aylesbury | Beaconsfield | Bletchley | Brill | Broughton
Buckingham | Chesham | Great Holm | Great Missenden | Haddenham
High Wycombe | Marlow | Olney | Princes Risborough | Stokenchurch
Waddesdon | Winslow
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from men, women, members of ethnic groups and all sections of the community.