The Lord-Lieutenant (back row, second left) the High Sheriff (back row, third left), Cllr David Rowlands (back row, far left) and Chief Fire Officer Damian Smith (back row, far right) with medal recipients after the presentation ceremony.
30 May 2006
Thirty-four Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service staff have been presented with medals recognising a total of nearly 700 years of service and good conduct!
The Fire Brigade Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, introduced by the Queen in 1954, honours full-time and part-time members of the fire and rescue service “who have rendered long and meritorious service”.
Eleven of the recipients were presented with their 20-year medals by Sir Henry Aubrey-Fletcher Bt, Lord-Lieutenant for Buckinghamshire, at a ceremony at the Civic Centre in Aylesbury on Friday (26 May).
It was also attended by Alexander Boswell, High Sheriff of Buckinghamshire, Cllr David Rowlands, Chairman of Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire & Rescue Authority, and Damian Smith, Chief Fire Officer, Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service.
The presentations were made to:
- Leading Firefighter Malcolm Beasley from Aylesbury (Aylesbury Fire Station)
- Station Officer Roger Brinklow from Buckingham, who works at the BFRS Training Centre in Haddenham.
- Sub Officer Ian Chapman from Winslow (Winslow Fire Station)
- Assistant Divisional Officer John Fairweather from Aylesbury, who works at BFRS HQ in Aylesbury.
- Station Officer Graham Field from Great Kimble, who works at the High Wycombe and South Bucks Fire Safety Office in Marlow.
- Leading Firefighter Tony Heselton from High Wycombe (High Wycombe Fire Station)
- Divisional Officer Mick Martin from Aylesbury, who works at BFRS HQ in Aylesbury.
- Sub Officer Ian Newton from Chesham (Urban Search and Rescue, Beaconsfield Fire Station)
- Firefighter Chris Rayner from Newport Pagnell (Broughton Fire Station)
- Sub Officer Will Rootes from Aylesbury, who works at BFRS HQ in Aylesbury.
- Assistant Chief Officer Des Williamson from Wooburn Green, who works at BFRS HQ in Aylesbury.
Chief Fire Officer Damian Smith said: “I would like to congratulate each and every one of them for their commitment, loyalty and service over the years.”
Recipients who were not at the presentation:
- Firefighter Richard Allman, Broughton
- Firefighter Ian Banks, Aylesbury
- Sub Officer Richard Boast, Marlow
- Firefighter Ian Campbell, Bletchley
- Leading Firefighter Timothy Chapman, Aylesbury
- Firefighter Simon Cowling, Stokenchurch
- Firefighter Kevin Dyer, Aylesbury
- Station Officer Paul Harrison, Newport Pagnell
- Leading Firefighter Roy Haynes, Newport Pagnell
- Firefighter Wayne Hawkins, Great Holm
- Sub Officer Nick Honor, BFRS Training School, Haddenham
- Firefighter James Hutchison, Great Holm
- Leading Firefighter Garry Jenkinson-Thorne, Broughton
- Firefighter Lawrence Ketley, Great Holm
- Firefighter Robert Ogle, Buckingham
- Firefighter Trevor Pusey, High Wycombe
- Firefighter Stephen Scott, Buckingham
- Leading Firefighter Trevor Sheeran, Gerrards Cross
- Firefighter Philip Simons, Buckingham
- Leading Firefighter Dominic Smith, Newport Pagnell
- Assistant Divisional Officer Tony Thompson, Broughton
- Sub Officer Andrew Walker, Marlow Fire Safety
- Firefighter Clive Woodfall, Aylesbury