Terms of Reference
1. To determine all personnel issues, including the Service Personnel Policy.
2. To consider and make decisions on behalf of the Authority in respect of the appointment of the Chief Fire Officer and Chief Executive, taking advice from suitable advisers.
3. To consider and make decisions on behalf of the Authority in respect of the appointment of the Deputy Chief Fire Officer Assistant Chief Officers, Director of Finance and Director of Human Resources, or interim appointments to those posts, taking advice from the Chief Fire Officer and suitable advisers.
4. To act as the Employers’ Side of a negotiating and consultation forum for all matters relating to the employment contracts of the senior officers of the Service, defined for the purpose as the Chief Fire Officer and Chief Executive, Deputy Chief Fire Officer, Assistant Chief Fire Officers and Treasurer.
5. To hear grievance and disciplinary appeals in accordance with the Authority’s Policies.
6. To advise the Executive Committee on any human resources issues arising from the Authority’s budget process and improvement programme.
7. To determine policies, codes or guidance after considering recommendations from the Standards Committee in respect of:
(a) regulating working relationships between members and co-opted members of the Authority and the employees of the Authority;(b) governing the conduct of employees of the Authority.