Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service recognises the benefits of and actively supports the completing of consultations made under articles 45 and 46 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 electronically.
There are two elements to the consultation process:
- Receiving a consultation request – either electronically or in hard copy
- Replying to a consultation request – either electronically or in hard copy
We have a standard letter format sent in PDF for replying to consultations that identify:
- Compliance or non compliance with relevant standards
- Any legal requirements arising from the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Any matters that while not enforceable would enhance the safety of relevant persons.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service is flexible in its approach to both receiving and replying to consultations. However, when consultation requests or replies can be made electronically, this is our preferred method.
As part of the consultation process, plans are not usually marked up with comments and returned as part of our reply. However, there may be circumstances when this may be appropriate.
In these circumstances electronic comment can only be made directly onto plans that are submitted in a DWF format. Plans submitted in other formats (i.e. PDF) may have to be printed off and the reply sent in hard copy.
Requests for consultations are to be sent to the Team Leader of the District Fire Safety Office within which the premises located. There is a size limit to files attached to any emails sent to us of 3MB. Larger files will have to be sent on CD-Rom or DVD.